Useful Holiday Information
Deposit: A deposit of $250.00 per person is payable within seven days of booking unless otherwise stated. A deposit of $500 is required for Early Bird discount. Final payment is due 45 days prior to departure unless otherwise advised.
Cancellations: The following amount will be deducted from your fare plus any non-refundable tickets or airfares according to notice given. No refund is payable once your tour has commenced. Please note: If booking through a travel agent please check the agent’s cancellation policy as extra charges may apply.
Days Notice 45 or more 44 – 20 19 – 5 4 – 1
% of fare $40 admin fee 10% 30% 50%
Travel Insurance: Travel insurance is not included in your tour. We STRONGLY ADVISE passengers to take out travel insurance cover for health, baggage and personal effects, loss of monies through cancellation, additional expenses incurred through illness and early departure from a tour.
Luggage Limits: Each passenger is entitled to take one suitcase with the sum of its length, width and depth not exceeding 140cm (56 inches), the weight limit 20 kilos (44lbs). Personal items should be carried in a travel bag.
Clothing: Pack a wash ‘n’ wear wardrobe of casual, comfortable clothing with some warmer clothes for evenings. Include a jacket, walking shoes, hat, swimsuit, towel, light raincoat, torch and a special outfit.
Passenger Seating: A compulsory seat rotation policy is employed and there are no exceptions to this policy. While Down Under Coach Tours makes every effort to accommodate the special requirements of our passengers in fairness to other travellers, we request that all travellers participate in the seat rotation.
Daily Routine: Breakfast is usually 7.00am. Generally your coach will be ready to leave at 7.45am. You will have many opportunities to stop for photographs during the course of the day. Depending on the day’s activities you will arrive at your accommodation at 4.30pm to 5.00pm. Your Coach Captain will deliver your luggage to your room. Dinner is usually 6.00pm to 6.30pm allowing time for a rest and to freshen up before dinner.
Special Needs: A reasonable level of fitness is required on all our tours. Persons with limited mobility or those unable to adequately care for themselves are required to be accompanied by a carer. Down Under Coach Tours reserves the right to refuse to carry passengers requiring assistance who are not accompanied by a carer.
Flights: For an unbelievable FLY $99 each way airfare you can join a Down Under Coach tour from all capital cities on the eastern sea board. Flights from other capital cities may incur an additional fee. To qualify simply pay for your FLY $99 air fare with your tour deposit, within seven days of booking. FLY $99 air fares are subject to availability. A door to door service is offered for residents who reside in the Metropolitan Taxi areas of capital cities and selected major cities. For en route joining arrangements see your Tour Consultant or Contact Down Under Coach Tours. Please note: FLY $99 are available on specific tours only, look for the symbol.
Conditions and Limits of Liability: The conditions and terms of liability on which these tours operate are detailed as follows:
1. Down Under Coach Tours finalises all arrangements for these tours upon the express condition that they cannot accept responsibility or liability for any delays, accidents, injury or damage caused by the airlines, rail, express coaches or any other service the company acts as agents on behalf of or arising out of the provision of, or failure to provide these services.
2. Down Under Coach Tours have used information supplied to it by the providers of relevant tours and accommodation houses and have endeavoured to ensure the information contained is correct at the time of printing. Down Under Coach Tours can accept no responsibility for inaccuracy or mis-descriptions.
3. Down Under Coach Tours reserves the right to alter or change the accommodation, carriers or coach at any time for any reason. Down Under Coach Tours reserves the right to change or amend the tour itinerary should the occasion warrant and if it becomes necessary, due to adverse weather/road conditions or unforeseen circumstances. The coach crew retain the right to alter the itinerary in a manner which will benefit all concerned.
4. Down Under Coach Tours maintains strict standards of safety and reliability of vehicles at all times, however, in rare cases mechanical failure may occur. Passengers are assured that every effort is made to minimise any small inconvenience experienced, while we utilise the large network of repair facilities Australia wide.
5. Down Under Coach Tours can give no guarantee as to the exact arrival and departure times for carriers and operators used in the tour and cannot be liable for failure to make connections with any other services or attractions.
6. Down Under Coach Tours will endeavour to contact clients in the event of industrial action affecting air, rail or other tour related transportation. However if contact is not made passengers should phone the free call number listed below to finalise alternative arrangements.
7. Down Under Coach Tours reserves the right to vary the advertised or printed price to cover any significant increases in airfare, rail fare, fuel price or other tour related costs.
8. Down Under Coach Tours accepts no responsibility for the suitability of the rooming partners allocated for single passengers willing to share accommodation. If a passenger regards the rooming partner to be unsuitable every effort will be made to arrange single accommodation for the duration of the tour with the additional costs being paid by the passenger.
9. Down Under Coach Tours takes all reasonable steps to ensure an enjoyable holiday experience and cannot accept liability for any loss of enjoyment whatsoever and howsoever experienced by the passengers.
Door to Door Service
A door to door service is offered to residents in the following areas:
HERVEY BAY: 5 km radius of GPO
MARYBOROUGH: 5 km radius of GPO
GYMPIE: 5 km radius of GPO
SUNSHINE COAST TO BRISBANE: 10 km from a designated pick-up point.
Sunshine Coast to Brisbane Designated Pick-up Points: Eumundi, Cooroy, Nambour, Forest Glen, Glenview, Caboolture, Burpengary.
BRISBANE & IPSWICH: 30 km radius of GPO or 10 km from a designated pick-up point.
Brisbane & Ipswich Region Designated Pick-Up Points: Mango Hill, Chermside, Roma Street Transit Centre, Ipswich, Blacksoil.
A one way door to door service is offered to residents who are within 11 km – 20 km of a designated pick-up point as specified above.
FOR ADDITIONAL DESIGNATED PICK-UP POINTS OR MORE DETAILS PLEASE ENQUIRE.
The door to door service applies to tours of six day’s duration or more. Passengers requiring overnight accommodation to join or depart a tour, accommodation is an additional cost.